Cheesy Zucchini Stir Fry
Cheesy zucchini stir fry packed with flavor. Great way to use veggies from the garden or cans in your pantry! Topped with a fried egg, this dish is well under $20 to make and will have the family coming back for seconds!
- 3 tbsp butter - 2 for veggies and 1 for frying up eggs!
- 3 medium zucchinis, quartered long ways and then diced
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, I pour a little of the liquid off
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed with water until liquid is clear
- 8 oz asiago cheese, diced into 1/4" cubes
- 6 eggs pan fried until whites are set and yolk is still a little runny
- 1 small chili, minced (we used fresno)
You want to use the largest skillet you have so the veggies can crisp up nice (instead of steam). Chop and prepare all veggies. In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and then add zucchini, onions, garlic, optional minced chili, and all dried herbs. Cook until onions begin to become translucent and lightly brown.
Now, add in can of tomatoes, cook until liquid has reduced to almost nothing. Carefully fold/stir in drained and rinsed black beans and diced cheese. Simmer until cheese has melted. Immediately remove from heat.
While zucchini mixture is starting to cool and cheese begins to set, heat another pan over medium high heat. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and fry up 6 eggs. To serve, scoop out cheesy zucchini mixture and top each serving with a fried egg. Enjoy!