Blood Orange and Fennel Salad with Shallot Lemon Vinaigrette
Delicious winter salad pairing blood oranges and fennel with a shallot lemon vinaigrette! It's packed with flavor and has tons of yummy additions like avocado, pistachios, feta, and spring mix! Great with arugula too!
For the Salad
- 2 whole blood oranges, peeled and chopped into bite sized pieces (if blood oranges are out of season, any orange type citrus will work!)
- 1/2 cup shelled and chopped up toasted pistachios (if you can't find pistachios, toasted pecans or almonds work great too!)
- 1 bulb fennel, quartered and chopped into slivers
- 2 whole avocado, peeled, de-pitted, and diced
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 8 cups mixed greens, roughly chopped baby greens, spinach, and arugula all work great here!
For the Shallot Lemon Vinaigrette
- 2 whole lemons, juiced
- 1 whole shallot, minced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
In a mason jar or other small bowl, add all dressing ingredients. Shake until well combined and let sit for 15 minutes. In a large bowl place roughly chopped greens. Peel and chop oranges and avocados. Thinly slice fennel bulb and place everything on top of greens in bowl. Top with chopped pistachios and feta. Drizzle with dressing and toss everything to combine. Serve immediately and enjoy!