Introducing our delicious Asian-inspired cold noodle salad! It features a mouthwatering peanut soy sauce and a variety of pickled vegetables. This refreshing and satisfying dish is perfect for any occasion, whether you’re looking for a light lunch or a flavorful side dish.
One of the star ingredients in our salad is gochugaru flakes. This is a type of Korean chili pepper that adds a spicy kick to any dish. Not only does it bring a bold flavor to the salad, but it also contain capsaicin. This is a compound that has been shown to have anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties.
Our salad also features rice vinegar, which is commonly used in Japanese cuisine for its tangy flavor and mild acidity. It’s a great alternative to other types of vinegar! It’s less harsh and has a subtle sweetness that pairs perfectly with the peanut soy sauce.
For a rich umami flavor, we’ve added oyster sauce to our peanut soy sauce dressing. Made from oysters, soy sauce, and other seasonings, oyster sauce adds depth and complexity to the dish.
Tahini paste, made from ground sesame seeds, is another key ingredient in our salad. It adds a creamy texture and nutty flavor to the peanut soy sauce. It’s also a great source of protein and healthy fats.
Finally, I chose vermicelli noodles as the base of our salad. These thin, translucent noodles are a staple in many Asian cuisines. They’re the perfect noodle for absorbing the flavorful dressing and pickled vegetables.
Vermicelli noodles are a great ingredient to work with too! Did you know that:
- Vermicelli noodles are a type of thin, long, and translucent noodles made from rice flour, wheat flour, or mung bean starch. They are a popular ingredient in many Asian cuisines, including Vietnamese, Thai, Chinese, and Korean.
- Vermicelli noodles are very versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes, such as stir-fries, soups, salads, and spring rolls.
- Vermicelli noodles cook quickly and can be easily overcooked, which can result in a mushy texture. It’s important to follow the cooking instructions carefully and to remove them from the heat as soon as they are al dente.
- Vermicelli noodles are gluten-free. This makes them a great alternative to wheat-based noodles for those with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease.
- Vermicelli noodles are low in fat and calories and are a good source of carbohydrates, fiber, and some B vitamins.
So why not try our delicious Asian-inspired cold noodle salad today? It’s packed with flavor, healthy ingredients. It’s sure to impress your friends and family too!
Garlicky Peanut Cold Noodle Salad
- For the quick pickled veggies:
- 1 hot house cucumber julienned
- ½ red onion thin sliced
- 1 large carrot julienned
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp salt or to taste
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup Gochugaru flakes Korean red chili flakes
- For the noodles:
- 8 oz pkg vermicelli rice noodles
- 1.5 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1.5 tbsp Gochugaru flakes Korean red chili flakes
- 3 tbsp peanut butter powder
- 1 tbsp tahini paste can use an peanut butter as a substitute
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ cup ice cubes
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce chopped
- Optional Garnishes:
- Thai basil
- Chopped peanuts
- Chili crunch
- Sliced scallion
- Poached chicken roast pork or air fried tofu work well too!
- First chop up, mix, and prepare your pickled veggies in a bowl. Cover and set aside in refrigerator while cooking everything else. In a large pot, cook your vermicelli noodles according to package instructions and then drain and run under cold water until cold. While cooling, add garlic, sesame oil, and Gochugaru flakes until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Immediately remove from heat and add remaining ingredients except lettuce. Stir until ice has melted and you’re left with a nice creamy cold sauce. Toss in noodles and stir until well combined. To plate divide pickled veggies, noodles, and lettuce into four bowls. Top with optional garnishes and enjoy!
an easy recipe to prep ahead of time and serve after opening all your gifts on Christmas day! #Noodle #noodles #noodletok #coldnoodles #peanutbutter #garlic #garlicgirl #noodlesalad #soy #recipe #foodie #recipes #easy #cookingtip #foodtiktok #recipesoftiktok #food #fypシ #fyp #onepan #christmas♬ Pieces (Solo Piano Version) - Danilo Stankovic