Well hello world! It’s been a while! I took a dip outside of the food world while I was up to my neck in wedding and family photo season! Then I needed to take a bit of a breather because honestly, running all these social accounts is a lot of work and sometimes you just need a break! But I’m back at it with this simple pan fried broccoli! I honestly make this probably once a week to just eat as a side or put on top of fettuccine alfredo. This is a fairly common side dish at Italian restaurants. It’s quick, easy, packed with flavor, and pretty good for you! Sometimes, I throw a little spinach, kale, or red onion for some extra veggies. The world is your veggie oyster! So grab a pan and let’s get sautéing!
Easy Spicy Garlic Broccoli
- 2 large heads broccoli, florets cut off and into bite size pieces (about 5-6 cups)
- 5 garlic cloves pressed or finely minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 2 tbsp salted butter (for dairy free or vegan use all olive oil)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Cut up broccoli florets into bite size pieces. When cutting make sure to have a lot of 'flat' edges on the broccoli as these brown best in the pan. Turn stove to high heat. In a large skillet, melt butter, olive oil, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Once melted and sizzling, add broccoli and white wine. Stir until most of the liquid is gone (2 minutes). Add in garlic. Stir occasionally making sure to flip broccoli pieces so you get that lovely golden brown on multiple sides (takes about 5 minutes). Once broccoli pieces has a light golden brown to them, turn off heat and salt to taste. Can garnish with more red pepper flakes or parmesan cheese. Enjoy immediately!