Jump to Recipe • Print Recipe • Jump to Video
I know everyone is always looking for healthy alternatives to their favorite unhealthy snacks!
Now, I don’t know about you, but I could eat my body weight in buffalo chicken dip. However, it is loooadded with unnecessary fat and calories with cream cheese, bleu cheese, cheddar cheese. So as someone who has been trying to eat a diet with lower carbs and fat, this is now my go to healthy snack! I’ve created this flavor packed healthy buffalo chicken dip to curb my junk food cravings!
Not only is this loaded with protein from the Greek yogurt and ground chicken, but you can mix and match with whatever veggies or dip options you want! If you’re gluten free, just use veggies. If you like chips, make some air fried pita chips or grab some tortillas! You can even make this into a lower carb wrap by spreading the ranch Greek yogurt on a low carb pita, add in some buffalo chicken, and top with your favorite sandwich fixings! My personal go to is cucumbers (cut at a diagonal for more ‘dip’ like shapes), bell peppers, celery sticks, and pita that I air fry!
Air-fry Tip: Pita chips are really easy to make in your air fryer! By doing so, you’re also cutting down on the fat and salt content! Simply cut your pita into bite sized triangles, place in your air fryer and spray with some olive oil cooking spray and sprinkle with a little salt. Cook at 370° for 8 minutes and shake them twice to have evenly cooked chips. That’s it! Serve and enjoy!
This is also a perfect recipe for tailgating or Superbowl parties! If you’re vegetarian you can easily switch out the ground chicken with ground meat substitutes (ground tofu works too!). I keep this in the fridge and whenever I want a snack, I make myself up a little plate of this. The Greek yogurt is also great by itself for dipping veggies (or fries lol!). So grab these ingredients and let’s start cooking!
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
For the Greek Yogurt Ranch:
- 2 cups Greek yogurt *we recommend fat free Fage (most creamy and dense)
- 2 tbsp ranch powder *we used Hidden Valley ranch powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
For the Buffalo Chicken:
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 whole sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 10-20 whole cloves garlic, minced or pressed *you measure this with your heart
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 tsp ground black pepper or to taste
- buffalo sauce to taste
- thinly sliced scallions or chives
- crumbled bleu cheese or feta
- In a bowl combine all the above Greek yogurt ranch ingredients. Mix everything until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. In a pan on medium heat, add in butter and finely chopped onions. Saute onions until golden brown. Add your ground chicken. Cook until lightly browned. Then add in your minced garlic and hot sauce. Stir until combined and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- To serve, take a big scoop of Greek yogurt ranch and make a divot in the center where the meat will be. Spoon buffalo chicken mixture into yogurt divot. Top with whatever garnishes you'd like, drizzle with hot sauce and serve with your veggies and chips. Enjoy!
will I be blissfully enjoying this all week? yes. yes I will. #food #recipe #recipesoftiktok #foodtiktok #buffalochicken #lowcarb #lowcarbrecipes #BetterTogetherChallenge #PlutoTVDecades♬ Stories 2 - Danilo Stankovic
Follow Us Below On Social for More Recipes and Content!!
• Tik Tok • Facebook • Pinterest • Instagram • Twitter • More Recipes •