Now I don’t know about you, but I’m a sucker not only for a good dip, but I LOVE Greek food. If you ask my husband, I have made him pull off the highway to get to a Greekfest when we see signs. I’m obsessed. I know with the Superbowl, everyone will be making all kinds of layered dips, but I figured, why not switch it up a bit and have a different kind of dip from your taco dip, hoagie dip, and cheese dips. Plus, this is just packed with flavor and lots of yummy veggies! The base for this is quick and easy homemade tzatziki dip. It’s not authentic, so I don’t want to hear from all you haters, but it’s a chip dip version of tzatiziki. After that you load on feta, and lots of veggies! Honestly, if you had some gyro meat, that would be a great topper too!
All you need is to whip up the bottom tzatizki base and then top with cut veggies, feta, a nice drizzle of olive oil, and cracked pepper. Voila! Perfect colorful party dip! This is also vegetarian, gluten free, and low carb to boot! Great for everyone with food allergies at your party! We serve with pita wedges, but also great with veggie slices, gluten free crackers, or chips! Also, let’s go Rams! No one wants to see Tom Brady win again, am I right?
Tzatziki Greek Party Dip
For Dip Base:
- 1 8 oz - box cream cheese, softened if not soft, put in microwave for 30 seconds
- 1 cup Greek yogurt If you don't like yogurt, can substitute with sour cream
- 1 tbsp dry ranch seasoning
- 1 tbsp dry dill
- 2 whole scallions, bottoms removed, peeled, and then chopped finely
- 1/2 cup seedless cucumber, grated
- 1 whole lemon, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- salt and pepper to taste
For on Top of Dip:
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 whole avocado, depitted, and chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives if large, chop, otherwise use whole
- 1/2 cup cucumber, sliced thin in quarters
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, sprinkled on top
- 2 tbsp olive oil, drizzled on top
- fresh cracked pepper for top
- Mix everything in dip base together until evenly combined. Spread into even layer in bottom or large bowl or serving dish. Top with dip 'toppers' spreading evenly on dip. Garnish with fresh dill, fresh cracked pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Serve immediately with pita, veggies, or chips! Enjoy!