I don’t know about you, but when I think one of my favorite quick and easy desserts for a romantic meal are specialty brownies. Especially these super unique Creme de Menthe brownies! They’re pretty to look at, taste ammmmazing, and are easy to make for all your ‘not so great in the kitchen’ cooks. But if you want to make a special something for your sweetie, these are sure to hit the spot!
If you’ve never used Creme de Menthe liqueur in cooking, it’s a sweet mint liqueur that you can get at just about every liquor store (or if you’re not in PA any grocery store lol). You can get it both clear or green (I use the green for this recipe because of the color but you can use clear too!) and it provides a great dessert when combined with chocolate. By combining Andes Mint brownies with Creme de Menthe buttercream, this is sure to make your significant other come back for dessert seconds! Perfect for this Valentines’s Day! So grab a mixer and let’s get baking!
Creme de Methe Brownies
- 1 17-18.4oz box your favorite brownie mix (we like Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate) **You'll be making brownie based on the back of box instructions so make sure you have the eggs, oil, water, etc you need.
- 1 10 oz bag of Andes baking chips (can also use store brand, or crush up your own)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) softened butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4-1/3 cup Creme de Menthe liqueur *We used the green variety but you can also use the clear variety. Both are available at most liquor stores.
- Preheat oven to appropriate box recommended temp. Mix and bake brownie according to instructions, except you'll add half of the bag of Andes baking chips into the mix. Stir everything until well combined and place in baking pan. Bake in a 9x9 pan according to box instructions. Let cool completely. Now you can either cut into squares for icing and sprinkling (I prefer to do this as it's easier to cut them out of the pan before they're iced) or ice and sprinkle in pan.
- Now we're going to whip up icing. Make sure your butter is softened, not melted. Whip butter in a bowl until smooth and then slowly add a cup of powdered sugar (making sure that the mixture is smooth and there aren't any butter chunks). Once mixed, slowly incorporate 1/4 cup of Creme de Menthe and then the additional cup of powdered sugar. If icing is too thick, add additional Creme de Menthe. Ice squares or full pan of brownies and then sprinkle with remaining half bag of Andes baking chips. Serve and enjoy!