I’m a sucker for easy recipes when it’s been a long day and I don’t feel like cooking. This is one of those recipes that I regularly throw together in less then 10 minutes and while it’s baking make a big salad. It’s quick, simple, and can easily be mixed and matched with various ravioli flavors! I fell in love with baked ravioli at a local Italian restaurant and knew I could make something similar at home. This recipe also bakes the ravioli instead of frying it like most restaurants do so while not a health food, it’s definitely better for you then the fried stuff! But let’s start breading and get these bad boys in the oven!
Easy Baked Ravioli
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumps
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional, gives a little heat!)
- 16-18 oz bag of frozen ravioli (any filling will do, we like truffle or sausage and cheese!)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese for garnish
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl combine all ingredients except olive oil and ravioli. Mix until well combined. In a small bowl, place olive oil. Using one had for oil and one hand for breading, place ravioli in olive oil and then coat with bread crumb mixture. Place in rows on baking sheet. Once all ravioli are coated and on sheet, place in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately and enjoy!