Looking for an easy breakfast item? Maybe a baked goods sale? Do I have a recipe for you that just looks like Spring! This blueberry almond bread not only tastes great, it’s loaded with blueberries and that amazing almond flavor! I made a bread loaf with this, but this is easy enough to put in muffin tins or as a cake. Both would work! You’d just need to adjust the oven times! This recipe is super moist from the yogurt you’ll use as one of the liquids. It helps keep it dense and delicious! So grab some bowls and let’s get baking!
Easy Blueberry Almond Bread
- 2 cups flour (make sure to level this)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar (plus a tablespoon or two for the top)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Greek plain yogurt (can sub sour cream or regular plain yogurt too!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (can sub for frozen blueberries too!)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds for top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat together melted butter, sugar, yogurt, eggs, and extracts. Mix until smooth and creamy. Slowly add salt, baking powder, and flour. Once everything is combined, fold in blueberries. Spray one 9x5 bread pan with non-stick spray and pour batter into pan. Top batter with sliced almonds and evenly sprinkle extra sugar over top. Place in oven on middle rack for about 45 minutes or until knife comes out clean when placed in the center. Let cool and serve. Enjoy warm or cold!