Day 7 of 8 days, 8 ingredients or less is upon us and you know what that means? Tomorrow is Christmas! And you know what would be perfect for Christmas morning? THIS! This cinnamon apple bread pudding is easy to make and will make the house smell like a bakery! By using a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread, this really is simple! Plus, this is one the whole family will enjoy! What kid doesn’t like cinnamon buns?!? Certainly no one in my family lol! So open those gifts while this cooks away in the oven and enjoy this perfect Christmas morning breakfast!
Cinnamon Apple Bread Pudding with Cream Cheese Icing
Easy to throw together for any breakfast or brunch, this cinnamon apple bread pudding is delicious and breakfast comfort food at it's finest!
- 1 pre-made loaf of cinnamon swirl raisin bread cubed
- 1/2 a stick of butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk would recommend using 2% and higher
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1 large or 2 small Granny Smith Apples chopped finely
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tub of store bought cream cheese icing
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large microwave safe bowl, melt butter. Remove from microwave and mix in brown sugar. Once combined mix in milk, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt. Cube cinnamon raisin bread into small pieces. Add to bowl. Peel and cube apples. Add to bowl. Mix everything until well combined. Grease an 8x8 cooking pan or bowl. Place in oven and cook for 60-70 minutes or until bread mixture has 'puffed' up and is golden brown on the top. Remove from oven. Let cool for 15 minutes, then while still warm, drizzle cream cheese icing over the top. To get icing 'liquidy' put in a microwave safe bowl for 20-30 seconds, stir, and drizzle! Serve immediately and enjoy!