It’s that time and it’s the final recipe of our 8 days, 8 ingredients or less event! That means it’s CHRISTMAS!! So Merry Christmas to all who celebrate and Happy Holidays to everyone! This last recipe is a doozy and you’re sure to be drooling at your screen. We’ve made Honey Chorizo Baked Brie which is the perfect holiday party app that will leave your guests coming back for more! This is the perfect combo and spicy, creamy, and sweet all together! Serve this with crackers or bread (or even puffed pastry!) and it’s a pretty centerpiece to a holiday spread. But I’m off for a few days as I have a lot of family coming to the house and while we’ll be cooking away, I’m going to be playing cards, drinking, and stuffing my face! I hope all of my fans have a wonderful holiday season and enjoy baking and feeding people! Until next year!
Honey Chorizo Baked Brie
- 1 large wheel of Brie we get ours from Costco, they vary from 17.6-19.6 oz
- 1 lb chorizo we use Trader Joe's Soy Chorizo because it's seriously so good but any chorizo will do!
- 1/2 a Vidalia or sweet onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic minced or pressed
- 1/4 cup honey for baking and drizzle
- 1 T olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut a circle around the top of the wheel of brie (you can peel off the top now, it'll just be harder, or cook it and pull it off when the cheese is melty either way works). Drizzle with about 2 tablespoons of honey. Place in oven for 15-20 or until cheese is super melty in the middle. While cheese is cooking, cut up onion and garlic. Heat pan to medium-high heat, add olive oil and sauté onions and garlic until translucent. Add chorizo, break up until small pieces and cooked throughly. Salt to taste. Turn off heat. Brie should be done by now, take out of oven, peel off top rind and top with chorizo mixture. Drizzle with honey. Serve with preferred accoutrements. Enjoy all that cheese goodness immediately!